We are looking for a motivated, hands-on ACD / Senior Art Director who is not only talented, but fast — a real pro who’s obsessed with quality, but recognizes we’re in a deadline-driven business and embraces the pressure to deliver. We’re looking for a leader-in-the-making who’s inspired to create great work across traditional, digital and social — and inspires others with the example they set along the way.
The ACD / Senior Art Director we’re looking for will have both serious conceptual chops and be detail-oriented. They will own their projects from concept through final execution. They will be expected to effectively present, and more importantly, champion creative work to clients and internal stakeholders.
As a vital part of their job, our new ACD / Senior Art Director will also provide art direction and leadership to designers and project teammates. We will count heavily on them to participate in new business pitches.
Finally, they will acknowledge that creating killer business-driving ideas and executing flawlessly for national and regional food and beverage brands can be award-winning creative — but we are equally obsessed with driving the bottom line for our clients.
We’re still in a remote work scenario — but we do believe the best work comes from working with a team.
Oh, and you should probably love food and drink. Because we do.
Reports to: Executive Creative Director
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Creative, Account, Strategy and Channel planning team to deliver conceptual big ideas
- Function as lead designer on multiple creative projects
- Collaborate with Copywriters to produce a very high-quality concept
- Supervise production work assigned to project team members
- Monitor progress of projects through all phases of production
- Deliver presentations to project team members, senior staff, and clients
- Design in a variety of styles
- Assists in monitoring budgets and timeframes
- Remain current on industry trends and technology
- Lead brainstorms
- Mentor and manage junior designers
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Five years design experience in an agency setting
- 2 years’ experience in an Art Director role
- Ability to deliver marketable creative solutions -- conceiving, developing, and producing tactics
- Mastery of composition techniques (multiple elements, interactive pieces) in producing polished final work
- Understanding of color theory and color relationships; perspective and space relationships; page composition and grid structures; illustration and typography
- Proficiency in Adobe platform
- Knowledge of digital design and basic UX / UI
- Knowledge of best digital practices and social platforms
- Knowledge of print production process and techniques; experience checking/approving work on press
- Knowledge of video and photography and the photography; ability to direct video and photo shoots
- Effectively oversee the work and earn the respect of freelancers, designers, even vendors
- Ability to speak effectively before clients.
- Strong attention to detail; ability to work collaboratively to solve problems
- Willingness to work occasional evening and weekend hours