Smiths Agency is experiencing growth and seeking a talented individual to join our team as a Social Media Specialist. Reporting to the Social Strategist & Manager, this role will be responsible for ensuring that all social media deliverables are presented on time and of a high quality, and that all social campaigns meet client objectives. This position will work closely with the Account Management and the Strategy teams.
The Social Specialist will ensure that social programs are tasked properly, completed as scheduled and meet or exceed all client goals. A successful Strategist will have great attention to detail and be able to take complete ownership of the process of getting tasks completed to bring value to our clients.
- Experience developing social media content strategies & content calendars based on clients’ goals and content pillars, as well as content scheduling and execution.
- Experience in Community Management or Customer Service
- Monitors the latest trends in social media, platforms, messaging & creative. Experience with influencer marketing is a plus, either in-house and/or working with external agencies.
- Use social media marketing tools such as Sprout, Facebook Business Suite, LinkTree, and Sprinklr.
- Find creative ways to gain insights and trends using qualitative and quantitative tools.
- Compile data across several social media platforms and create weekly/monthly client-facing reports, including analysis for insights, optimizations and future strategy development.
- Demonstrates strategic insight to develop long term execution plans from client’s stated business objectives and implement those plans.
- Displays organizational capabilities to track progress, execution and consistency of social advertising campaigns.
- Exhibits solid communication skills in order to effectively present strategic and tactical plans to clients and internal teams.
- Demonstrates understanding of and ability to facilitate and manage forecasting, budgeting and pacing, campaign creation and optimization.
- Displays understanding of business concepts and client objectives in order to identify campaign expansion opportunities.
- Possesses well developed analytical ability to extract insight from data and plan next steps across multiple marketing mediums.
- Maintain and advance partner relationships with partner agencies and vendors.
- Performs various other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, English, Writing, Communications, Public relations, MIS, Stats, or related fields. Or relevant industry experience.
- 2-3 years with hands-on experience within social media or digital marketing.
- 1+ years of experience using social media management tools such as Sprout Social and Hootsuite
- Passion for Food & Beverage Advertising
- Be a proactive self-starter.
- Be a team player.
- Possess a desire to work for a fast-paced, results-based company.
- Have strong project management and organizational skills being able to manage multiple projects at once, including consistent follow-through.
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- Be confident in analyzing and acting on marketing data.
- Ability to thrive and adapt in a fast-paced dynamic environment, and ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Exceptional work ethic, high sense of urgency, driven, and self-motivated.
- Excited to learn new things and to work across multiple properties and business types.
- Exceptional critical thinking skills and ability to translate data into clear and concise insights that will be understandable and of value to the client’s needs/goals.