We are seeking are a highly motivated and savvy individual that will work with nearly all members of the Smiths Agency team.
As part of our Channel marketing & Analytics team you will focus on retention and engagement, driving strategy and execution around email, push notification, newsletters and more. The types of clients, plans and messaging vary greatly offering a diverse set of challenges and learning opportunities. The ideal Email Marketing Strategist is skilled in managing email campaigns but also interested in learning diverse skillset from planning through to post-campaign analysis with a passion for digital advertising and an insatiable desire to learn and explore emerging trends.
- Own the Smith Brother’s Agency expertise in email marketing, including marketing campaigns, newsletters and triggered and transactional emails.
- Initiate end-to-end execution of our email campaigns, including development, launching and analysis of email creative and segmentation.
- Create thoughtful, personalized triggered communications that will drive customer engagement, and support the company's strategic goals.
- Analyze performance of email strategies and campaigns and drive continuous optimization of performance, considering factors such as seasonality, customer segments, competitor behavior, historical successes.
- Use analytics to make decisions; A/B test, analyze results and build updates accordingly.
- Perform regular list hygiene to maintain health of our database.
- Take an entrepreneurial approach to the role, working collaboratively with other teams to support key initiatives and get things done.
- Building relationships with email platforms, negotiating and facilitating pricing for current and new clients
- Develop new creative media ideas
- Develop and maintain working relationships with clients during presentations and with
internal teams especially Client Service, Creative, Digital Development, and Production teams
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 5+ years of experience in marketing, with a focus on email and knowledge of email best practices, key performance drivers, and toolsets.
- Experience in content creation and a love for storytelling.
- Knowledge of the technical side of email marketing; deliverability, CAN SPAM compliance, and more.
- Experience designing and implementing A/B and multivariate tests.
- Experience building, growing and optimizing engagement and retention campaigns.
- Experience in MailChimp, Hubspot, Bronto, Pardot and/or Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills
- Self-starter that can have an immediate positive impact on process and execution
- Accountable for financial reporting process (authorizations, budgets and reconciliation)
- Must be detail oriented with advanced proficiency in MS Excel
- Strong analytical and optimization knowledge and skills
- Experience working with all online marketing disciplines (ranging from web development to social media)
- Experience and familiarity with Google Analytics
- Experience working with social media platform analytics/insights tools preferred (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest)
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Ability to work occasional evening and weekend hours
- Ability to travel (approximately 5%)